You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Echo on FaceTime phone calls

The other party hears thier own echo whenever I make or receive phone calls on my Mac Mini using FaceTime. I have an external mic and external speakers which work fine on Zoom calls. This previously worked very well and I've made no changes in my system.

I've seen other describe this problem, but have never seen a solution that has worked for me.

Suggestions?

Dick

Mac mini, macOS 14.5

Posted on Oct 3, 2024 1:42 PM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2024 9:14 PM in response to DHuitema

I also have this problem, Microsoft Teams works extremely well on the same computer with my external Logitech camera and built in mic (separate external speakers). So that means that now we know both Teams and Zoom work well but FaceTime doesn't. I've tried the voice isolation feature but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

This sounds like it's an audio feature that hasn't found its way into FaceTime yet or that apple are not yet addressing / properly addressing. A lot of people have this issue, I'd guess everyone with an external mic that doesn't have its own built in (hardware) suppression feature. Hopefully apple do this soon. The only way I know to get their attention is by joining the next beta programme and logging a bug.

Echo on FaceTime phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.