You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I stop iCalendar on my iPhone from changing event times when I move to a different time zone?

It can be pretty disruptive when an iCal event-time changes on my iPhone when I travel to a different time zone.

I've learned that I can use a floating time zone on my Mac/Macbook, but I need to have iCal leave an event time at the time I set, regardless of what time zone I'm in.

I know ahead of time what time zone I'll be in. The day before I travel to a different time zone I need to be able to look at my calendar to see my schedule for that day, in that time zone, not the zone I'm sitting in. And, I need the event time to not change when I get to the new time zone.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 11:38 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2024 12:50 PM in response to GuppyFlyer

This has been an ongoing frustration for me for the last 15 years at least. I would think that someone could develop a calendar that would work across devices that acts exactly like a paper calendar. It gets a lot worse if you cross the International Date Line. I wish there was something out there or a plugin that would simply allow one to turn off timezones completely globally. Anyone?

How do I stop iCalendar on my iPhone from changing event times when I move to a different time zone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.