You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Removing Passcode

We had an employee who quit and changed the passcode for the phone before handing it back in. We are trying to set up the phone for the next employee, but we do not know the passcode. When going through the recovery process to remove passcode with the computer, I need the itunes/apple account information and we do not know that since the employee used his account information. How can we wipe the phone to continue using it.

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 7:17 AM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2024 2:13 PM in response to Mlove4363

Unless you have the original receipt for purchase, you unfortunately have a brick.

Going forward, I strongly suggest you sign up for Apple Business Manager and add all your devices. You'll have the ability to remove activation lock if something like this happens in the future.

I also encourage setting up a Mobile Device Management platform. They vary in cost up to about $5/device/month. Jamf, Mosyle, Kandji, and Apple Business Essentials are popular options.

Removing Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.