You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Has anyone had issues with Topaz ai software that uprezzes standard footage to HD widescreen?

Has anyone had issues with Topaz ai software that uprezzes standard footage to HD widescreen? It's actually killed four of my apple computers. First my iMac 2017, both of them. Then I bought an iMac 2023 and once I installed Topaz, it rendered that computer useless and I had to return it. Then I bought a Mac Studio with M2 chip and turns out I'm having to erase and reinstall the OS as I believe Topaz ai has also rendered the Mac Studio to not work properly. It's crashed everyday and made it impossible to work in FCPX. Anyone else installed Topaz on an M2 Apple computer and having these issues? It's almost like there's a virus in the Topaz software that once you use it, your computer can not run any other software including FCPX without crashes and lots of issues.

Mac Studio, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 12:27 PM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2024 12:59 AM in response to Bryanfilmfun

No direct experience but I find this extremely surprising.

Did you get this software from the developer site, and not some dubious place?

Even if installing some software causes instability, you should just uninstall it and it everything should be back to the way it was before. No need to return a Mac because of it. Are you saying you did uninstall and the Mac still was not performing adequately?

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Maybe there is still some thing there, or maybe you have other third party software installed that is causing trouble with FCP and others. By looking at the report we may be able to find something, as we often can.

Has anyone had issues with Topaz ai software that uprezzes standard footage to HD widescreen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.