You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Reminders not working after Ventura reinstall.

I have recently reinstalled Ventura OS on an iMac. Reminders just shows a blank screen. Reminders works on other kit including iPhone, iPad and Macbook. I have tried rebooting the iMac, logging out of iCloud on the iMac and rebooting then logging in again. Does anyone have any other suggestions please.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.7

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 9:24 AM

8 replies

Oct 2, 2024 8:22 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi, none of this worked. However, in my wander through the system and looking for other issues, I appear to have created two users - my 'original name' and another with the 'original name_1'. When I attempted to open Photos, there was nothing in the file. They are there in 'original name_1'. Is it possible that Reminders is looking for links or data in 'original name'? If so, any thoughts on how I unwind this issue/error/problem?

Oct 3, 2024 8:39 AM in response to BDAqua

Thank you again for your reply.

Okay. Sure enough, the Reminders data is there. However, I seem to have several potential conflicts now. (Note: this is not a comprehensive list.) At first sight, the calendar data appears to be slightly different and some items are no longer showing. Also, I am concerned that whatever I do using the 'other account' will affect my Time Machine backups. I have therefore logged out and logged back in to the other account (I hope this makes sense).

My 'non-qualified' view is that I have inadvertently created a two users and my data has been split across these users, e.g. the Reminders info. In my simple terms, it looks like I need to merge these two 'users' such that I end up with only one, where all of our data resides. Sounds simple, but I assume this isn't. Any thoughts.

Reminders not working after Ventura reinstall.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.