You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

how to remove Annoying and persistent messages (typical example below) keep appearing on your Mac:

Hi There, This is my first time using the community for support. I have read the responses and trouble shooting recommendations for the persistent pop up message ("ActivityElementfld" will damage your computer ). I have screen shot the relevant folders for community review and support in helping to remove this most annoying pop up ! I using a late 2015 imac macOS Monteray v12.7.6. Thank you in advance for the next steps.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 9:38 AM

First, start your Mac in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Starting in Safe Mode takes longer than usual so let it finish.

While in that mode, drag all the files in those three folders to the Trash except those with the following in their names:

Epicgames

Google

Microsoft

Everything else needs to be deleted.

Then, restart your Mac normally and confirm the annoying messages cease to appear.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2024 9:38 AM in response to ElleiMac

First, start your Mac in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Starting in Safe Mode takes longer than usual so let it finish.

While in that mode, drag all the files in those three folders to the Trash except those with the following in their names:

Epicgames

Google

Microsoft

Everything else needs to be deleted.

Then, restart your Mac normally and confirm the annoying messages cease to appear.

how to remove Annoying and persistent messages (typical example below) keep appearing on your Mac:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.