You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Formatting multiple choice questions in Apple pages for iPad .

Hi,

I'd like to format multiple choice questions using Apple Pages for iPad. Many online tutorials suggest using tables for this, but I find that approach cumbersome. I'm hoping for a quicker and easier method that resembles the format in the image below.

I've tried using columns, but that doesn't quite fit my needs. I'm unsure if this is a limitation of the software or if I'm simply missing something, as I'm new to Apple Pages for iPad.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 1:48 AM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2024 12:44 PM in response to gautham245

Which part are you trying to streamline?

My first thought on reading your post was the use of Styles to automate things like the numbering of the answers but you have two styles here ( a), b), c), and d), or (i), (ii), (iii), (iv)) and a two-column and a 4-column layout.

Styles could get you part of the way - my first thought was a '4-column' and a '2-column' style that applies the appropriate formatting, you'd just need to identify which style/format to apply for each answer set, but it appears that Pages doesn't record column count as part of the style definition, which I find odd...

Second thought was using tabs - you could have a 2-column and a 4-column style with different tab settings, but Pages won't automatically bullet based on tabs - you'd have to add the a), b), c), etc. manually,

The short version is that you can this in Pages, but with some tradeoffs depending on how much automation vs. manual work you want, and what your ultimate goal is, which is why I'm asking what's most important to you?

Formatting multiple choice questions in Apple pages for iPad .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.