You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to Add Side Headings for Paragraphs Without Using Tables in Pages?

Hi everyone,

I'm working on formatting a document in Pages, and I want to divide it into paragraphs with side headings next to each one. Currently, I'm achieving this by using a table, where one column contains the headings and the other the paragraph text. However, this method has its limitations:

• I can't add comments to the text within the table.
  • I can't generate an automatic table of contents.
  • There's a limit of 999 cells, which could become an issue in longer documents.

Does anyone know a better way to format side headings for paragraphs without using tables? I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions to achieve this effect.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 30, 2024 8:05 AM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2024 11:51 AM in response to giuseppetrudu

As many as duplicated Text boxes as you need for the outdent content, and one large Text box for the right-hand main content. The font size and line spacing must be identical in all Text boxes for alignment purposes. I have used View menu > Show layout and have adjusted the outdent Text boxes to align their content with the same line in the larger content box.

Do the same for the next page and link the content of the large first-page Text box to its next-page Text box so the content just flows across pages.

How to Add Side Headings for Paragraphs Without Using Tables in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.