You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Audio and video syncing issue

Hello. I make YouTube videos. I record audio through my DAW and video with my iPhone 13. I put the video together with iMovie but am considering upgrading to Final Cut Pro. An issue that I always have to deal with is that the video always slightly lags the audio. I have to speed the video up a little bit in order to sync it with the audio. I have figured out that this is because the iPhone records video with VFR (variable frame rate) as opposed to CFR (constant frame rate).

I'd really like to remove this step from my production process if possible. Perhaps I could record video with something different. Does anyone know of a worthy webcam that records with CFR? I've been thinking of upgrading to Final Cut Pro which I read has automatic audio and video syncing. That would be great but I wonder if it would work if the video lags in time. Maybe Final Cut can handle this?

Mac mini, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 29, 2024 2:39 PM

1 reply

Audio and video syncing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.