You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Best HTML5 editor that costs nothing?

Well my webhost used to use cpanel and how now moved to Stackcp. Unfortunately in the process they have removed their wonderful HTML5 webpage editor that left all code as I wrote it, and allowed me to manage individual HTML files both in editing as source and editing while working in the preview mode. Can anyone recommend something free that can open my .html documents and do the same thing without signing up for anything, or a paywall? I am running Monterey if that makes a difference.

I've Tried Nicepage, and SubEtha, and BBEdit, but none seamlessly let me edit HTML files stored directly on my Mac and allowed me to see the Preview as I change it.

I miss Adobe Pagemill.

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 12:34 PM

9 replies

Oct 1, 2024 2:30 PM in response to a brody

What I do is use a purchased version of Sublime Text 4 which has Emmet support and is HTML/CSS3 aware. The trial version of Sublime Text 4 is an open-ended trial that will ask you to purchase periodically, but does not limit your use of the application. You open the web page in your favorite browser, and as you make changes to the web page in the editor, you refresh the browser page to see those updates.

Another programmer's editor that is not free is Textastic, which is also HTML/CSS3 syntax aware and has Emmet support built into it. One can get a free trial from the developer's website.

I have owned Sublime Text and Textastic for years and they are worth every penny or time that you trial them.

Best HTML5 editor that costs nothing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.