You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Restore my purchased music which disappeared from the iTune library from MacBook Pro mid 2012.

I own a MacBook Pro (15 inch, mid 2012) and will be buying a new computer. Lost all my purchased music I downloaded to my iTune library 5 yrs ago. Looks like I can restore by buying an app costing $10 monthly. I want what I downloaded restored before I get rid of this old MacBook. Not able to pay a monthly fee for a music app. Can someone provide some easy to follow instructions as I am not a tech person? My nephew use to do these things for me. TYIA.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 9:33 AM

1 reply

Sep 28, 2024 9:56 AM in response to cherubina

Hi,

If the music was purchased from iTunes Store, see this Download previous iTunes Store purchases in Music on Mac – Apple Support (UK).

With regards recovering other music, you would need to restore that from backups. There is no app that allows you to do this.

You could subscribe to Apple Music Which will give you access to millions of pieces of music but this will not restore your original music and will only be available whilst you have an active subscription.

Jim

Restore my purchased music which disappeared from the iTune library from MacBook Pro mid 2012.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.