You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Various problems adding full albums to playlist in Music app on Windows

This is happening on the Apple Music app for Windows, 1.4.7.62 (1.1031.15873.0).

When I add an album to a playlist, it will sometimes bump a random song to the second place, sometimes add the same song several times in different places throughout the album, and sometimes only add part of the songs.

In the following cases, I opened the album, selected all songs and either dragged them to the target playlist, or added to the playlist via the right click menu:

Original album order:

Order in playlist:

Note that track 3 was moved to the 2nd position in the playlist.

Original album order:

Order in playlist:

Note that this time track 5 was moved to the 2nd position in the playlist

In the following case, I opened the album, selected all tracks and dragged them to the target playlist:

Note how the same track was added several times.

For comparison, this is the original album:

Note how the songs I marked did not get added to the playlist.

In the following cases, I added the album to the playlist via either the right-click menu or the meatballs menu button of the album:

Is this only a Windows thing? I can add full albums without problems on the iPhone, it's just that managing playlists with full albums on the phone is a real pain.

Windows, Windows 10 (19045)

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 2:33 AM

There are no replies.

Various problems adding full albums to playlist in Music app on Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.