You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

QuickTime crashes when starting

When I try to start quick time player on my mac mini it crashes and returns such error. It crashes whenever I start it, doesn't matter the file. There are no third party extensions or plugins. First aid was run and everything is OK. What can I do?

Mac mini

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 12:11 AM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2024 2:40 AM in response to JarekMac

Alright! Then the app itself is okay, and the issue must be in one of the various support files and preference files that are confined to that user account. When signed in to the regular account, you would want to delete these preference files. Not to worry, as QuickTime Player will afterwards re-create these, but proper this time.

How to find these files: Try searching in your own user folder with e.g. FindAnyFile. Use search keyword ‘quicktime’. The .plist and .savedState files are the most likely culprit here. Try deleting these first.

Sep 26, 2024 7:18 AM in response to JarekMac

For macOS troubleshooting, try these:

Let us know the results of these tests.

QuickTime crashes when starting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.