You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Pages and Numbers Documents Will Not Save

Brand New iMac. Just got it.

Running Sequoia 15.0

Software is updated

• I can open a pre-existing document and make changes. If I try to Save or Close the document the application locks up and I just get the perpetual spinning wheel and I have to Force Quit (Not Responding).
  • I can create a New document, but I get the same result. If I try to Save or Close the document the application locks up and I just get the perpetual spinning wheel and I have to Force Quit (Not Responding).
  • Select New Document - In the file name at the top of the document says Untitled - Click the arrow next to Untitled and I get the drop box to rename the document - Any action here locks up the application - I just get the perpetual spinning wheel and I have to Force Quit (Not Responding).
  • Same thing happens in Numbers
  • I notice that there is no Save As option under Menu - File
  • These applications are essentially non-functional except for opening and reviewing old documents

It seems to me that there must be a setting somewhere that I need to change but I don't know where or what that would be. Hopefully someone here can help.

iMac 24″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 3:45 PM

1 reply

Pages and Numbers Documents Will Not Save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.