You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

What causes a black screen during FaceTime screen sharing using my iPad?

Both me and my friend are logged into the same Amazon prime account which has the prime subscription and have access to all prime features but when we try to screen share across FaceTime it gives the hdcp error and won’t let us watch or one person can see it but the other person can only hear it and sees a black screen. I can watch Netflix, crunchyroll, Hulu, and espn with no issues why is this happening?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 1:04 PM

1 reply

Sep 24, 2024 1:53 PM in response to Wesleysnipes_72

Wesleysnipes_72 wrote:

Both me and my friend are logged into the same Amazon prime account which has the prime subscription and have access to all prime features but when we try to screen share across FaceTime it gives the hdcp error and won’t let us watch or one person can see it but the other person can only hear it and sees a black screen. I can watch Netflix, crunchyroll, Hulu, and espn with no issues why is this happening?

ask Amazon, not an Apple app.

What causes a black screen during FaceTime screen sharing using my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.