You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Printer issues with Sequoia

Is anyone else running into printer issues after updating to Sequoia?

In order to print my documents properly, I would always format them for my specific printer. Now my printer doesn't show up on the "Format for" list in either Word or Pages. The printer is installed and I've been able to print some things. However, it isn't allowing me to format for my particular printer anymore. It just gives me "Any printer" as an option. This means my booklets are no longer printing correctly.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 8:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 7:08 AM

Had the same issue but just got it to work fine now! Open System Settings - Privacy & Security - Local Network and enable the app 'rastertoescpII'. There are manu other epson Apps listed there you might want to check too.

I got the lead for fixing it and mode info: https://epson.com.jm/faq/SPT_SEQUOIA-NS~faq-0000b89-macos_15?faq_cat=faq-topFaqs

48 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2024 7:08 AM in response to p_alexander1985

Had the same issue but just got it to work fine now! Open System Settings - Privacy & Security - Local Network and enable the app 'rastertoescpII'. There are manu other epson Apps listed there you might want to check too.

I got the lead for fixing it and mode info: https://epson.com.jm/faq/SPT_SEQUOIA-NS~faq-0000b89-macos_15?faq_cat=faq-topFaqs

Sep 30, 2024 3:56 AM in response to p_alexander1985

Since updating to Sequoia, from my MacBook Air I get a Communication Error with my printer Epson ET-1810. The printer shows online in the wifi network though, and I can print from my phone. It's just on the Mac that the problem exists. Deleted & reinstalled all Epson software, rebooted etc. Drivers are up to date. Sometimes it will suddenly print a page after a very long wait, but when trying again it keeps forever "looking for printer" and giving "communication error". When I pause the print job it shows the printer as online, idle. Start the job again and the error comes immediately back.

Removing and re-adding the printer does not change anything.

Anyone had the same and suceeded in solving it?

Oct 3, 2024 1:56 PM in response to p_alexander1985

I have been having the same issue of not seeing printers when using print dialogs for my specific printer. I updated my print drivers, deleted and reinstalled printer, quit applications and restarted my Mac to no avail. When I AM able see my printer (as in the screenshot at the top of the thread) to customize print settings for my specific printer, my applications (Adobe products - Illustrator, Acrobat etc. crash when I hit print. Or it will go to the printer and sit in the queue spooling but never print. Same issue from Outlook email, crash on hitting print.

Hope Apple fixes this soon.

Oct 2, 2024 12:46 PM in response to luke-strzelczyk

Hi. I am using EPSON ECOTANK ET-16500, ET-3850 and ET-2400. They all had this problem until I made the changes in Local Network settings. I am not sure for your specific printer model. I actually have 5 APP enabled in Local Network: epsonfax, EPIJAutoSetupTool2, commandtoescp, rastertoescpll & Epson Connect Printer Setup.

I am afraid I can't do more...

Good luck

Oct 3, 2024 3:31 AM in response to jean-francois228

Thank you for your answer and commitment.

I have services with granted access such as: Epson Software Updater, Epson Software Updater Agent, EPIJAutoSetupTool2. I don't have any Epson services in Privacy & Security > Local Network that I could grant access to (situation after upgrading do Sequoia). So in my case the communication error must be caused by something else - related to the Sequoia os version.

Printer issues with Sequoia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.