You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to receive e-mail updates from posts in the Apple Support Communities

I find the tracking of posts in this community slightly convoluted as it takes a few clicks, is there an option to receive e-mails when there is a response to my post?

Thank you

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 4:55 AM

4 replies

Sep 25, 2024 2:19 AM in response to Allan Jones

Allan Jones wrote:

First thing to see is how your forum preferences are set. Click on your avatar in the upper right of any forum page and select "Preferences" from the resulting drop-down:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/337c1408-f4f2-46af-9bff-4ce04e2e7b37

Scroll down your Preferences page to "Messages from Apple" and see what is set. I believe "Participation" should do what you want.

Thank you for the suggestion and that seemed a logical solution but unfortunately still no e-mail updates

Sep 25, 2024 12:10 PM in response to Allan Jones

Allan Jones wrote:

Well, it was worth a try. We are all other end users, not moderators, so don't have access to the "under the hood" workings of the forum software. Contact information for the mods is posted in the forums' Terrms of use. I would try contacting them.

Apple Support Community Terms of Use

In fact, it now seems to have started working as I got an email this evening, so I think you were correct - thank you

How to receive e-mail updates from posts in the Apple Support Communities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.