You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Logic Pro / Sequoia - "the open file operation failed"

M1 MacBook Pro, Logic Pro 11.0.1 and Sequoia 15.0

When attempting to Export tracks as Audio files (either singularly or "all tracks") it opens the File Save panel then, after a few seconds throws the error "The open file operation failed. The open file operation failed to connect to the open and save panel service". Selecting 'OK' fails out of the File Save panel back to Logic

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 12:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 3:10 AM

I'm running into the exact same problem. I contacted Apple Support and we tried reinstalling Logic, removing Preferences files, removing all 3rd party plug-ins, and the problem's still there. Now they're contacting their engineering team to figure out what's wrong. It seems that there's something wrong with Logic Pro 11 or macOS Sequoia because I only encountered this after I upgraded.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2024 3:10 AM in response to ajfmel

I'm running into the exact same problem. I contacted Apple Support and we tried reinstalling Logic, removing Preferences files, removing all 3rd party plug-ins, and the problem's still there. Now they're contacting their engineering team to figure out what's wrong. It seems that there's something wrong with Logic Pro 11 or macOS Sequoia because I only encountered this after I upgraded.

Oct 10, 2024 9:01 PM in response to BenB

Same behaviour after upgrading to Sequoia 15.0.1

Additional Comment 1: IF you manage to click "export" before the error is thrown (1-2 seconds), the export works successfully

Additional Comment 2: The first time trying the export after rebooting the error is not triggered. Subsequent times, it is

Oct 14, 2024 10:16 AM in response to ajfmel

I'm having the same issue. It's preventing me from exporting tracks.

It was working yesterday, and I haven't done any software updates since. I do not have automatic updates configured, so there are no changes to my environment that I'm aware of. I exported some tracks yesterday afternoon, closed Logic, put the computer to sleep. Woke up this morning, started the computer, opened the same session - poof - the problem appeared. Very strange.

MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2018, 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, 32GB RAM

macOS 15.0.1

Logic Pro 11.0.1

No third-party plugins used on the session. Happens with all track plugins disabled or enabled.

Oct 21, 2024 12:17 AM in response to 睿凡

I just received feedback from Apple Support. They told me their engineering team reproduced the same problem and are working to fix that, and we need to wait for one of the future updates of Logic Pro. However, they didn't give any promises of in which exact version this problem will be fixed, so we need to keep an eye on the update log and test it by ourselves.

Good for them to work on that, but I guess I'll have to switch to Ableton for a while now...

Logic Pro / Sequoia - "the open file operation failed"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.