You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Which MacBook would be best for computer programming

Hello everyone!

I am looking to purchase a new laptop for my mobile application development work, particularly for Android. I’m considering whether 16GB of RAM will be sufficient, or if I should invest in 24GB. Additionally, what would be the ideal amount of storage for this type of development?

I prefer not to pay more than necessary and would appreciate any recommendations models that offer good performance within a reasonable price range.

Thank you for your help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Pro (2023)

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 2:35 PM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2024 1:40 PM in response to Foshizzle21

16GB is probably OK, but since you can't expand it later, best to get as much as your budget will allow. Pinching the RAM will affect performance, and in my past experience, compiling can be demanding, though not as demanding as high-end video editing. Storage space is less of an issue since you can always add an external drive for more space, though it won't be as convenient. So if it were me, if budget were a pinch I'd trade getting less internal storage for getting more RAM.

Regards.

Which MacBook would be best for computer programming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.