You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mac Mail app in Sequoia won't show single page PDF previews inline when composing

After upgrading to Sequoia, the mail app will no longer show single page PDF previews inline when composing a message, and will just show the icon. Right clicking on the icon has the "view in place" option grayed out. Having these PDF attachment previews is helpful to our workflow, so hoping to find an option to get this back. Once the message has been sent, the attachment preview will show inline, just not when composing the original massage.

Other image file types appear to show the previews just fine, and trying to use terminal commands to reset the behavior so far has been unsuccessful.

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 1:01 PM

Same here, interestingly though once sent the PDF is displayed "in place" in the sent mail folder?

10 replies

Sep 26, 2024 3:32 PM in response to EdwardC245

I'm having the same issue. Prior to upgrading my Mac to Sequoia 15 my mail displayed pdf attachments when sending to clients. Now just the icon appears and the "View in Place" is greyed out. I also see that once sent the PDF is displayed in the sent folder as EdwardC245 mentioned. Kinda frustrating as I've been all over the place trying to activate this setting. HELP!!!

Mac Mail app in Sequoia won't show single page PDF previews inline when composing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.