You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why am I not able to change my profile name?

Some time ago my profile name got changed. I don't know how. I might have been hacked. Now I can't change the profile name. What should I do, and is there anything else I need to check. I would like to know if I was really hacked. In any case, what do I need to do to fix my Apple Forums account & profile.

Mac Pro, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 8:56 PM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2024 7:05 AM in response to madirmur59

madirmur59 wrote:

Is there any idea what caused my username to change? Here is an answer to one of my questions. The answer actually addresses me by my profile name before it was changed to the current one: answer to my question addressing my as Shinehah

We are other end users like you and do not know why moderators take action. There are contact links for the mods in the forum Terms of Use, accessible from the link at the bottom of this page.

n

Sep 23, 2024 1:28 AM in response to madirmur59

Once the forum account is created, only Apple staff (our ‘Hosts’) can change usernames here. Users can’t changed it themselves. You may request a change. Usernames here must be unique, so your choice must be different from what already exists. (That is why some have numbers appended.)

I have alerted the Hosts about your request for a different ASC username. Expect an email from them soon.

(I don’t think hacking is involved here.)

Why am I not able to change my profile name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.