You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can I restore the old Photo app in iOS17?

Does anyone know how to restore the old Photo app of iOS17 or maybe the whole iOS17?

The new iOS18 is headache. It’s taking extra space. It’s a bit slower and draining battery faster. However, those are all manageable. The worst is the new Photo app. It’s a nightmare. When a company can’t create a new good innovation, they start to kill their good ones.

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 6:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 4:41 AM

Use Google to search how to revert to ios17. You’ll need a computer and to be able to plug your iPhone into the computer.

I too hate a plethora of the design changes. Reminds me more of android than anything. Photos app is wrecked imo

5 replies

Sep 22, 2024 6:28 PM in response to shasha262

No you can not. While the change to the photo app was a bit jarring from what we were used to it isn’t something most can’t eventually get used to. You can also try going through the options to make it a little less annoying visually. Otherwise as of right now you can submit feedback and hope that Apple decides to change some things in future updates. I say all of this as a user that doesn’t really love the change but I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a nightmare. It’s not unusable or crashing. It’s just a big difference from what we have been accustomed to.

This might help you play around with options to make it a little more bearable for now.

Customize the Photos app on iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 15, 2024 4:51 AM in response to Bobby-08

Bobby-08 wrote:

Use Google to search how to revert to ios17. You’ll need a computer and to be able to plug your iPhone into the computer.

I too hate a plethora of the design changes. Reminds me more of android than anything. Photos app is wrecked imo

If people try to do this, they could mess up their phones big time. More importantly, to avoid learning how to use the new Photo App, they'd have to NEVER update their iPhone again, meaning they'd NEVER get security updates or new features in the future.

This is just not good advice at all.

Can I restore the old Photo app in iOS17?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.