You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Is it possible to mirror my iPad screen on my Studio Display using a 3rd Party Dock?

Hi,

I have a 14 inch Apple MacBook Pro M3 connected to a Studio Display via a Sonnettech Echo 20 Thunderbolt 4 Superdock. The Studio Display connects to the dock via the Thunderbolt 3 cable supplied, and the dock to the MacBook Pro via its dedicated Thunderbolt 4 cable to one of the Thunderbolt 4 ports on the MacBook.

In terms of screen sharing/expansion/mirroring etc. from the MacBook it all works flawlessly, and when my iPad Pro is also up and running I can use that as an additional screen (either wirelessly or when also connected to the dock).

However - there are times when I want to use the Studio Display just to mirror my iPad content - especially if using the Apple Pencil. Whilst the iPad will show up on the Display if I remove the cable from the dock and plug it in directly into the iPad (thus effectively disconnecting the MacBook), I was wondering whether it was possible to mirror the iPad without having to swap cables all the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 5:31 AM

There are no replies.

Is it possible to mirror my iPad screen on my Studio Display using a 3rd Party Dock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.