You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Brightness Controls no longer working after Ventura 13.7 Update

M1 MBA. Updated from 13.6.9 to 13.7.

Brightness controls no longer have any effect on the built-in display.

The display stays 100% bright.

I tried the Brightness keys (F1, F2), the slider in the Control Center, the slider in the "System Preferences --> Display" section. No luck.

I found out: After a reboot the brightness controls will not work until you have closed and opened the lid of the MBA. After that they work normally.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.7

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 9:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 9:51 AM

Found a much better solution: Upon booting up, put your macbook on sleep(by clicking sleep), and wake it up. The brightness will work. Hopefully there's an update coming up soon.

12 replies

Oct 6, 2024 12:15 PM in response to kavishgr1

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue on the M1 Pro / 16GB after upgrading to version 13.7. Closing and reopening the laptop laptop cover helps, but it's annoying. Honestly, if it weren't for the security patches, I probably wouldn't update anymore.

I don't want to update to higher versions OSX because they run slower and use more RAM. I produces music and use VMware Fusion for DevSecOps tasks, so every megabyte of RAM is crucial. I think OSX Ventura is the last good (in terms of performance and RAM usage) one for this version of hardware (m1 pro).

Apple: please fix this problem !!!

Regards,

Kylen

Brightness Controls no longer working after Ventura 13.7 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.