You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Disable Password on Wakeup for macOS 15.0

I see that this has been asked before, but the link seems to be terminated.

A solution has been propose: “Go to System Settings (available from the Apple menu  (top left) > System Settings), then scroll-down in the sidebar and choose Lock Screen. Then, change the "Require password after screen saver begins or display is turned off" setting to never.”

I tried this but when I got to the Lock Screen, I found this — The “Require password after screen saver begins or display is turned off”. I cannot change this. (See the screenshot below)

I am running an iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019, with the new upgraded macOS Sequoia 15.0

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated?

iMac 27″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 10:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 7:41 AM

SOLUTION

For some reason its to do with iphone mirroring.

Launch the app iPhone mirroring.

In the app Settings, change iPhone Mirroring from automatically authenticating to manual.

Then in System Settings > Lock Screen > Require Password --- is free to select

From icapricon on forums macrumors com

23 replies

Sep 19, 2024 12:56 PM in response to KGeez00

The type I circled is grey and I noticed that. It is informative, not an option. If you want "Immediately" to become black and to have options other than than Immediately, you to need to set iPhone Mirroring to something other than automatically authenticate as instructed in the grey instructions that I circled in red.

To do that, see the following instructions from iPhone Mirroring: Use your iPhone from your Mac - Apple Support

Change iPhone Mirroring settings

From the menu bar in the iPhone Mirroring app, choose iPhone Mirroring > Settings, then choose from these settings:

• Ask Every Time: iPhone Mirroring always asks you to authenticate before mirroring. Authenticate using your Mac login password, using Touch ID on your Mac, or using your Apple Watch
  • Authenticate Automatically: After entering your Mac login password to select this setting, you are no longer asked to authenticate before mirroring. While this setting is selected, the “Require password after screen saver begins or display is turned off” setting in Lock Screen settings remains set to Immediately.
  • Reset iPhone Access: Reset the iPhone Mirroring setup for this iPhone, including to remove “Allow notifications from iPhone” from Notifications settings on your Mac. To use iPhone Mirroring and receive iPhone notifications again, set up iPhone mirroring from the beginning.

Sep 28, 2024 3:49 PM in response to manxman111

This works. "Ask evert time" selection enables the setting to alter in th iPhone Mirror settings in system. Go to system settings > lock screen > "Require Password to Never or other setting. You will need to leave it set to "Ask every time. Then to mirror your iphone on the mac you will need to enter your mac password on the mirror app to open.

Sep 19, 2024 2:02 PM in response to hcsitas

I tried that, it doesn't work. On another thread I found that my iMac, even though it passes in the 'set of requirements', my Mac allowed the osMac 15.0 upgrade, but in the the 'Controller' section of the drop down System Information it says: "This computer doesn’t contain any Controller devices". This in turn does not allow my Mac to support iPhone Mirroring, which again means I can't control the "Require password after screen saver begins or display is turned off" facility. Which means I have to bight the bullet and either get a new Mac, or the cheaper option — reload mac osMac 14, Sonoma. Thanks for trying to help, much appreciated.

Disable Password on Wakeup for macOS 15.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.