You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Latest Mac Sequoia update won’t allow me to accept iCloud terms and conditions

9/18/24 - just did latest update of sequoia on my iMac. Received notification that I cannot use my iCloud until I accept the new iCloud terms and conditions. When I go to accept the new terms and conditions, it won’t even allow me to select it to accept it.

iMac 27″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 1:40 PM

12 replies

Sep 18, 2024 2:20 PM in response to 4appleUserkc

Perhaps a dumb question on my part, particularly not having seen those terms presented in a long time, but have you scrolled all the way down to the bottom of those terms? I've seen a number of places that won't give you the option to accept the terms until you do that - it's a way the lawyers implement so people can't say that they didn't see all the terms - and perhaps that's the case here.

Hope this helps.

Oct 5, 2024 10:49 PM in response to varjak paw

I have the same issue. I did scroll down to the bottom with no effect. The option to check that you accept is available without scrolling.

Additionally, I sometimes see a short flash of a pop-up notification saying something about server error. It's too quick to take a screenshot.

The issue persists even with 15.0.1 updated.

Oct 21, 2024 12:25 PM in response to 4appleUserkc

I was able to resolve this. In went to System Settings - iCloud to notice that I had to enter password for iCloud. After that the request to accept iCloud terms and conditions disappeared. THAT'S IT?!?

There was no prompt or notification to enter the missing password. Just an endless loop of failed attempts to agree with the terms. So frustrating.

Come on Apple. You can do better!

Latest Mac Sequoia update won’t allow me to accept iCloud terms and conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.