You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I'm unable to Screen Mirror iPhone 12 Pro to my MacBook Pro

I start the process of setting up my iPhone 12 Pro to mirror on my MacBook Pro running Sequoia, and it won't get passed the screen below. iPhone is running iOS 18.0, both devices have Bluetooth and WiFi on, and both devices are signed in to the same iCloud (Apple) ID account. I have rebooted both devices. And yes, the iPhone is right next to the MacBook Pro and powered on. I've checked all possibly relevant settings I can think of (e.g., no VPN is running). I am in the U.S.

Any thoughts out there? Anyone else running into this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 12:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 7:34 PM

The only solution that worked for me: Open settings. Go to desktop and dock. scroll down to widgets in desktop and dock. there I found iphone. Open iphone to the far right and there I saw two iphones listed. The one with the check mark was my old iphone, which I traded in for my iphone 15. I put a check amrk next to the new iphone and this error message disappeared and I was able to setup iphone mirroring. Maybe this will help someone, like it did me.

21 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2024 7:34 PM in response to dyrector

The only solution that worked for me: Open settings. Go to desktop and dock. scroll down to widgets in desktop and dock. there I found iphone. Open iphone to the far right and there I saw two iphones listed. The one with the check mark was my old iphone, which I traded in for my iphone 15. I put a check amrk next to the new iphone and this error message disappeared and I was able to setup iphone mirroring. Maybe this will help someone, like it did me.

Sep 19, 2024 3:23 AM in response to dyrector

I have the same problem. I have a 27” iMac running macOS Sequoia 15.0 and my iPhone 11 iOS 18.0, both updated yesterday (18/9/2024, I am in the UK). I have exhausted the ‘community help’ online pages:

• My iPhone is less than 6 inches from my iMac
  • I am signed into my iCloud account on both devices
  • I have checked that my Apple ID on both are the same on both iMac and iPhone
  • I have switched off Bluetooth and WiFi, restarted and switched on Bluetooth and WiFi
  • I have restarted in ‘safe mode’ and run a ‘first aid’, then restarted again in normal mode
  • I have trawled through the settings on both devices to check that all settings that should be checked are set to allow iPhone Mirroring to work

I still cannot get past the screen shown.

Is there any way to get iPhone Mirroring to work? I would really appreciate a solution as iPhone Mirroring would be very helpful for me?

Sep 19, 2024 4:54 AM in response to KGeez00

iPhone Mirroring: Use your iPhone from your Mac

Excerpt >>

iPhone Mirroring system requirements

iPhone Mirroring can be used with only one Mac and one iPhone at a time. Your devices must meet these requirements.

>> Your computer is a Mac with Apple silicon or Mac with the Apple T2 Security Chip and is using macOS Sequoia 15 or later. <<

Does this 27" iMac contain a T2 Security Chip ?

Sep 19, 2024 7:16 AM in response to KGeez00

Sorry to report - Yup

To possible assist 🤞

Explore the Apple Trade-In  Process where the Value of the exiting device could be used against the cost of a new Apple Computer, iPhone or iPad 

Notation - Some devices and depending on the computers age may have little to no value at Trade In time.

But at least the device will not arrive to the Land Fill Site and be recycled in a responsible way by Apple

Or Shop Refurbished Apple computers at an Apple Reduced Cost

Have used both previously and have been satisfied each time.

Sep 18, 2024 4:57 PM in response to dyrector

dyrector wrote:

I start the process of setting up my iPhone 12 Pro to mirror on my MacBook Pro running Sequoia, and it won't get passed the screen below. iPhone is running iOS 18.0, both devices have Bluetooth and WiFi on, and both devices are signed in to the same iCloud (Apple) ID account. I have rebooted both devices. And yes, the iPhone is right next to the MacBook Pro and powered on. I've checked all possibly relevant settings I can think of (e.g., no VPN is running). I am in the U.S.

Any thoughts out there? Anyone else running into this?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/e176fd37-1c7b-4000-bdb6-a474f5a3d977

I have seen some issue here yes.

To be proactive you can file a bug report / submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Sep 19, 2024 8:33 AM in response to KGeez00

KGeez00 wrote:

Thanks for that. Oh dear, time to invest in a new Mac!

tagging on to an existing post leads to confusion.

What I can say is there are issues w/ this new feature even running the latest hardware.

If your iMac is running Sequoia it at the least has a T2 chip— that is not your issue:

Mac computers with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support

macOS Sequoia is compatible with these devices

macOS Sequoia - Apple

Sep 19, 2024 12:54 PM in response to dyrector

FWIW, I can now mirror my iPhone 12 on my MacBook Pro. I had tried again today, and got the same result. So, I started to file a bug report (Product Feedback - Apple) as suggested by leroydouglas. I wanted to try to copy-paste the error message wording, so I clicked the iPhone Mirroring icon again. And what d'ya know? It started the connection/setup process.

I guess it knew I was getting serious about getting this fixed. 😂

I'm unable to Screen Mirror iPhone 12 Pro to my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.