You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mac OS not using routes in routing table obtained by ikev2 vpn. netstat -rn

Hello,

in my pc world, I use my laptop to connect to our company's networks on all the subnets, because I get the routes pushed to the pc over ike2 vpn. It works just fine.

But I just got my Mac Book Pro and I did the same setup. after a lot of hassles, I got the VPN to connect to Mikrotik VPN server using ikev2. IkeV2 is preferred because of its ability to push more than one route to the VPN client. Connection was okay, routes were pushed to Mac book, but out of the routes being pushed, only the first route on the table is reachable over the VPN. This is not really good for me as I will have to be ditching my nice Mac book pro for a PC whenever I want to carry out a task on multiple networks over the same VPN connection. Please, is this a bug, or is there something that I need to do?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 10:23 AM

There are no replies.

Mac OS not using routes in routing table obtained by ikev2 vpn. netstat -rn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.