You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can't login on iPhone after iOS 18 update

After the most recent iPhone update (I haven’t tried my Mac yet), I can’t type my user name or password or use passkey. No cursor shows up and thus no keyboard or other options. Any help is appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 5:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 5:41 PM

This happened on my wife’s iPhone too. Shortly after updating it her phone locked out of messaging. It asked her to sign in (?) her phone then wouldn’t allow her to sign back in.

2 replies

Sep 18, 2024 12:30 PM in response to JMC83

• Is this on the Lock Screen?
  • Do you have Stolen Device Protection turned on that requires Face ID as the only option to open your phone?

Try a Force Restart. This will clean caches and in many cases clears up issues that you may encounter after an update. It may take a couple of attempts to get the speed and sequence of the key presses correct and the las step of holding the side button until the Apple logo appears could take up to 15 seconds. Ignore anything else you see on the screen during that time.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Can't login on iPhone after iOS 18 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.