You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Itunes backup filling C drive. How do I backup my iphone without deleting/moving folders from C drive?

Is there any way to backup my iphone onto another storage drive? Even now with free 80GB storage space on my c drive, I am unable to backup my iphone(200GB used). My c drive default storage capacity is only 256GB.

Read online which says they can run a command on powershell/command prompt to link whatever files being backed up, to be copied over to another drive folder. However it won't work for me as I only have 80GB storage left on my C drive.

Is there any way to actually tell itunes to just backup directly into D drive instead of C drive?

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 2:23 AM

3 replies

Sep 18, 2024 4:47 AM in response to MidnightDawn

you can just mount your D drive as the dir that itunes use to backup ios devices to

this is how you find the backup dir Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (MY)

this is how you mount a volume as a dir How to mount hard drive as folder on Windows 10 | Windows Central

your d drive can exist both as d: and as a folder on c: without any problems

Itunes backup filling C drive. How do I backup my iphone without deleting/moving folders from C drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.