You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

airplay icon won't show on apple music on my PC

airplay icon won't show on apple music on my PC. It use to show but I got a new modem from AT&T and it is no longer there.

Windows

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 10:50 AM

2 replies

Sep 17, 2024 11:37 AM in response to wwall10383

It's possible that your new router has settings preventing AirPlay from working correctly. If that's the case, you can review Apple's recommended router and Wi-Fi settings here. The basic checks include ensuring both devices are on the same network, disabling "Guest Mode" or "AP Isolation" on your router, and making sure the firewall isn't blocking local traffic. Additionally, your device must have Location Services turned on for Wi-Fi networking for AirPlay to function properly.

Another potential cause could be the application itself. A user with a similar issue resolved it by following these steps:

1. Close Apple Music.
  2. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
  3. Go to the "Services" tab.
  4. Look for the "Bonjour Service."
  5. If it is disabled, enable it.
  6. Restart Apple Music.

Sep 27, 2024 4:12 PM in response to ant0n_mg

The problem ended up being that the Avast Antivirus was conflicting with the Apple Music App. I chatted with a tech rep with Avast who had to reinstall the AV in a different way than typical. I was able to determine the AV was the problem because I initially reset Win11 and loaded Apple Music and it worked fine. Once I reinstalled the AV, the problem came back. All is good now. Problem fixed.

airplay icon won't show on apple music on my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.