You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple intelligence in Europe

Hello,

I am thinking about buying the iPhone 16 Pro Max in the USA when I am there, I live in Belgium. I'm already aware that US iPhones don't support SIM slots, and that the warranty will only be valid in the USA. Now I was wondering, with the new IOS that's coming, Apple Intelligence is not allowed in the EU yet, but it is in the USA. Will I be able to use AI, and/or will I have any issues?

Thanks

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 2:37 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2024 11:29 AM in response to millieskrrt

Hello,

Sorry, you won’t be able to use it from Europe until Apple permits it. This article from Apple states:

Supported languages: Apple Intelligence will initially be available in English (US) in most regions around the world. In December, Apple Intelligence will add support for English (Australia), English (Canada), English (New Zealand), English (South Africa), and English (UK). Next year, Apple Intelligence will expand to more languages, like Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish.

After you have turned on Apple Intelligence, it will continue to work when you travel to other regions around the world.

For European Union residents: Apple Intelligence will not currently work if you are in the EU and if your Apple ID Country/Region is also in the EU. If traveling outside of the EU, Apple Intelligence will work when your device language and Siri language are set to a supported language.

Apple intelligence in Europe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.