You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

So frustrated with iTunes (now Music) not playing on all my devices

I have an iPhone, a MacBook Pro and now a new iMac. I get so frustrated that I'm ready to play a song while presenting a Zoom program, only to find it will not play on the iMac. It says I must authorize it in my 'Account Menu.' I have no idea what my Account Menu is. It so annoys me that I have bought the songs. Those copies of songs should belong to me. I have three devices, all Apple, and supposedly they should be available on all three devices.

It seems to me that had I bought a CD album, I would own that one copy of the album, which I would be able to play on any CD player anywhere. But with my iTunes, which I legally bought and do not use illegally, I get one snag after another.

Through the years several of my bought and paid for songs have simply disappeared, with iTunes having no record at all that I ever purchased them. Again, as with CDs, if my CDs disappeared, I could call the police, because my property has been stolen. But not with iTunes. Dang!

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 7:45 PM

2 replies

So frustrated with iTunes (now Music) not playing on all my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.