You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to send unknown callers directly to voicemail in iOS 18?

I had this set on my iPhone 15 Pro with IOS 17; however today, I turned it off as I was expecting an important call from someone not in my contacts. I then updated to IOS 18, and now I cannot find any place to be able to reset back to silence unknown callers. This is a major issue with all of the spam and political calls.

Did Apple move this, or did they eliminate it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 2:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 5:12 AM

thanks

Got it.

I just hate it when something has been constant for many IOS versions and they change it.

8 replies

Sep 23, 2024 6:45 AM in response to sgszeta

sgszeta wrote:

Bizarre to hid the phone in "apps" -- is the telephone really an app?

Yes, it's an app.

The camera, on the other hand, is apparently not an app and in the main settings menu. The telephone evidently ought also to be in the main settings menu.

Tell Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

I suspect that the Phone app is less frequently used than the Camera app.

Sep 18, 2024 11:35 AM in response to Lowbflat

Lowbflat wrote:

Hiding something that used to be visible is not helpful at all. Yes, I found it but I shouldn’t have had to search.

If someone bought their first iPhone today and Apple changed things back to the way they were in iOS 17, that person would have to search it. We all get used to things. But most of us can get used to new things, too.

How to send unknown callers directly to voicemail in iOS 18?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.