You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

When is Apple going to fix the text slicing when printing multiple pages?

The macOS Mail app is great in almost every way, but it puzzles me that from day one to this day, it's just useless for any printing, whether it's paper or PDF. I don't need to tell you because you probably experienced it, and there are countless messages here and other forums; when printing multiple pages, it slices images and text not just in half, but in whatever proportion it wants.

How is it that Apple doesn't fix this? I would assume that they use the Mail app at Cupertino and over the years they had to print out a lot of emails to both paper and PDF. Nobody there came across this and sent it to the Mail.app team?

When is this going to be fixed, so I don't have to go to my email on a browser and print to PDF or paper from there?

Mac Studio, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 10:03 AM

5 replies

Sep 16, 2024 1:26 PM in response to Yer_Man

How much do you print to paper or PDF? Because this is an issue that everybody is having, and has been having since forever. I know I have. I have never been able to print from Mail.app unless it was a short email. I'm talking about several Macs, several printers, and well over a decade. I can't remember because it's not a thing that I need to do all the time, but when I do, I can never use Mail.app.

And the mismatch you mention, I even created a custom profile with custom margins when the ones that come with macOS didn't work, and whether I put small margins or large ones doesn't make a difference.

Sep 16, 2024 4:40 PM in response to BDAqua

Just find an email that is rather long, the longer the better, because you don't see this on every page break, just on some, and then print it to either your printer or PDF. I'd say just PDF so you don't waste paper. But it happens on both. In my case it always happened on all the printers I've had, several models of Epson and Canon, on like four. different Macs.

Also, select different sizes that are commonly used, like letter, A4, legal. You will see that the sliced text is no longer at the same page breaks, but may be in others.

When is Apple going to fix the text slicing when printing multiple pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.