You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Must re-render FCPX projects each time I open them

I see this question has been asked numerous times over the years with no resolution but I'm hopeful someone has a fix! I'm running FCPX off a Macbook Pro with iOs Big Sur 11.7.10 (yeah, it's old but my Macbook is even older and that's the most recent iOs it can use.)

My projects are either 1080p or 4K. When working on them, I view them as proxy preferred. I trash my generated render and optimized media files periodically to keep the size down. Background rendering is set to "off." Yet each time I open a project, I must re-render the entire thing. It's extremely time-consuming and slows down my workflow. Any suggestions beyond what I've already tried are greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 8:28 AM

4 replies

Sep 16, 2024 3:51 PM in response to wendysity1

It's been like this forever in Final Cut Pro for the Mac. If I click "Render All" and let the entire project render, close Final Cut Pro and then open Final Cut Pro again the project still has to re-render some part (the dotted lines appears in the top of the timeline). I don't have any idea why it requires re-rendering every time you restart Final Cut Pro even if you haven't changed anything. But that's just the way Final Cut Pro works.

Must re-render FCPX projects each time I open them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.