You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Ventura - can I utilize with MAc Air M1, 2020

I wish to be able to use Turbotax for 2025 income tax, but find I need Ventura. Can I utilize it on this computer?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 7:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 7:17 AM

Yes.

(255309)

2 replies

Sep 14, 2024 6:13 PM in response to anitais

In fact your laptop is compatible with the current macOS 14.x Sonoma and the soon to be released macOS 15.x Sequoia. Most people should hold off on upgrading to the latest major version of OS until they confirm all their third party apps are fully compatible with the new OS and to see what issues others may have with the new OS. Even built-in macOS apps may behave differently, so make sure to review any changes the built-in features may have to be sure they are compatible with your workloads...otherwise you will need to plan for those changes.

Before making any major change such as an upgrade to a new major version of macOS, make sure you have a good backup so if something goes wrong, then you have the option to start over by going back to the previous OS (keep in mind any new data stored in Libraries such as Music, Photos, Movies/Videos cannot be brought into an older OS since the format of those libraries may have changed so you will only be able to restore that data with copies made before the OS upgrade).

FYI, macOS 13.x Ventura will stop receiving security updates & support by the end of 2025. In fact, expect to receive very few security updates for Ventura in the next year as only the most severe issues will be patched.

Ventura - can I utilize with MAc Air M1, 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.