You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Using a Tyros 5 with mainstage as a 76 year old complete novice

My T5 has 2 set of midi ports A & B plus a Usb input as well. I already use port A in and out as a control system from the lead guitarist for our set list stored in my keyboard. Basicly he selects a tune which in turn changes all the programming in the T5 for that tune. Simple sytem that works fine.

I now want to integrate Mainstage 3 to use as well so trying to connect via the B midi port. However, my T5 does not show up in the MainStage hardware selection list.

If i connect via the USB facility, it does.

My problem then is i fear that if i use the USB port it will knock out all of the info for changing our set lists. We do this by the way because i stand a good distance form the guitarist who selects the numbers even though we have a set list they sometime get changed and i am unable to hear what is being said - (an age thing).

I am not midi savvy and nowhere near a computer technician with knowledge, so any simple input for this question will be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Air (M3, 2024)

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 2:18 AM

3 replies

Using a Tyros 5 with mainstage as a 76 year old complete novice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.