You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Buying new iPhone without Pre-order

hello, i wanna ask. i want to buy new iPhone 16 Pro Max but i can’t get in pre orders, can i just walk in on the day releases to buy one?

thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 13, 2024 8:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2024 8:25 PM

You can try, but your chances are VERY low. If you want even a slim chance, get in line in the wee hours of the morning of the 20th and you "may" be lucky. But you may also spend hours in line for nothing. Also, the day the phones are released, there will be very long lines of people with confirmed preorders waiting to get their new phone. You won't even be able to walk into an Apple Store on the 20th. You'll be placed in a line and wait and still likely not get the phone you want.

You can try to get one from your carrier or other Apple Authorized Seller, but they too will be satisfying customers who have verified preorders.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2024 8:25 PM in response to teddyrifaldy

You can try, but your chances are VERY low. If you want even a slim chance, get in line in the wee hours of the morning of the 20th and you "may" be lucky. But you may also spend hours in line for nothing. Also, the day the phones are released, there will be very long lines of people with confirmed preorders waiting to get their new phone. You won't even be able to walk into an Apple Store on the 20th. You'll be placed in a line and wait and still likely not get the phone you want.

You can try to get one from your carrier or other Apple Authorized Seller, but they too will be satisfying customers who have verified preorders.

Sep 14, 2024 3:52 PM in response to kuljeet66

kuljeet66 wrote:

i m just scared to order online i don’t know after order how my phone will come like condition?

If you order from Apple or an authorized Apple iPhone reseller, then your iPhone will arrive in new condition (barring damage in shipment, of course). Do not order from anyone else or there's no way to know what you'll get.

As to availability to just walk into a store and walk out with a new iPhone 16, then as Bob said, no one here can know. Probably even Apple wouldn't be able to tell you since they won't have any way to predict demand in a given store.

Patience is a virtue. :-)

Regards.

Buying new iPhone without Pre-order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.