You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Multiple tabs/instances of same Pages doc open at once

In Google Docs, I can open the same doc in multiple tabs in order to view different sections of the doc at once without needing to make duplicates of the doc, etc.

Is there not a way to do this with Pages? In real life, it's nice to be able to view different parts of the same document, unclipped, pinned to a wall, etc. Is that too much to ask for in Pages?

Mac Pro, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 13, 2024 3:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 7:58 AM

Pages simply will not open the same document n-tuple times from the same folder location. If you need that capability, you have the wrong application or operating system as even Microsoft Word will not do this on the Mac or Windows 11 Pro.

6 replies

Sep 14, 2024 1:41 PM in response to VikingOSX

I do enjoy pages a lot and use it as my default, but most of the clients I have worked with since covid have migrated their companies to Google Docs and Drive.

Even when recommending pages, they opt for GDocs because of a few reasons, this being one. Others I hear are:

• Versioning is cleaner and clearer.
  • Sharing is clearer and easier to manage.
  • Not OS exclusive.
  • "Free" ( for the cost of your privacy and data)
  • Easier to see multiple parts of the same doc at once.
  • More reliable cloud syncing

I stick with Apple primarily for respecting privacy and ownership of data. I do hope they can take more proactive lead vs incremental product updates. So bored of new iWhatever versions. Apple is overcooked.

Multiple tabs/instances of same Pages doc open at once

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.