You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mainstage: Sustain pedal kills my arpeggiated note

Hi, I have an issue with my MIDI sustain in mainstage.

I programmed a bass synthesizer to an arpeggiator and everytime I´m trying to play it, along with some chords split to the higher register of my MIDI-keyboard, the arpeggiated bass note occasionally stops, whenever I use the sustain pedal.

I figured that the sustain pedal kills the note only when I play the note/s of the next chord before I lift the sustain pedal.

So whenever I try to play the next note of the arpeggiated bass before I lift the sustain pedal (which is how you would normally play, in order to let the note/chord ring out until the next note/chord is being played), the lifting of the pedal is what kills the note.

This issue applies only to the synth-bass-arpeggiator, the rest of the sounds react fine.

I tried to fiddle around with the MIDI-sustain settings, but nothing really seemed to fix this problem.

Please help! All the best,

Franz

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Sep 12, 2024 3:17 AM

There are no replies.

Mainstage: Sustain pedal kills my arpeggiated note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.