You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

imovie zooming in and out automatically

When I make a movie with imovie, every clip is zooming in and out. Anyone know how to stop this? Also, how do i get to the stock audio background music (not quick effects) to run throughout the movie in the background? Thanks. My imovie version is 10.3.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Sep 10, 2024 8:38 AM

5 replies

Sep 10, 2024 9:07 AM in response to sflevine

Hi,

For clips already in the timeline, to remove the zooming effect select the clip by clicking on it, and then click on the crop tool (the one that looks like intersecting angles) in the tool bar at the upper right of your screen. In the crop tools that appear, remove the Ken Burns zooming effect by selecting the "Fit" option. ( I'm not sure, but you may be able to select all of the clips as a group and select "Fit" for all of them at once.)

For a default "Fit" selection that applies to all clips, before you begin the project click on iMovie/Preferences. In the preferences box that appears, choose the "Fit" option under the heading Photo Placement. That will cause all clips that are added to the project thereafter to be without the Ken Burns zoom effect.

Regarding your audio question, to make any audio clip play as background throughout the movie, select the clip and do Edit/Copy and then do Edit/Paste and then repeat Paste . . . Paste . . . Paste . . of the clip in the audio well throughout the movie.

-- Rich

Sep 12, 2024 8:32 AM in response to Rich839

I am having a tough time sharing an iMovie file. I go to share and get this warning, then nothing happens. Any idea how to change this setting or simply share the mp4 with others? I have gotten as far as creating a zipfile but can't open that and just have the movie begin. Thanks!

“Email:System preferences for allowing email automation access for compressor appears to be disabled.”

imovie zooming in and out automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.