You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I have lost access to over 500 songs bought with the same Apple account but with two different email addresses

Over the years I have purchased over 2,000 songs from both iTunes (classic) and the new iTunes in the Apple Music app. My library goes back to the early two thousands. At some point I changed my email address but kept the same account and up to recently I have never had an issue playing my older music. Today I realized there are several songs I can't play anymore. In fact, if I have it right there are over 500 that I can't play. When I look at the properties in the music app they all show my name but the ones that don't work have the old email address.

I have Googled it and see suggestion that may have worked with the old iTunes but it doesn't seem like the same solutions work for the new version. I also looked at the songs and albums in the iTunes store (in the new app) and the new app recognizes that I own them because the songs say "Play" and not "Purchase".

I also notice the files are all m4p files, so they have DRM that is keeping from playing them at all on my computer or phone. Has anybody ran into this before and have a solution? Has Apple said anything about this?

By the way I am on a Windows computer and have an iPhone 12.

Posted on Sep 9, 2024 7:42 PM

1 reply

I have lost access to over 500 songs bought with the same Apple account but with two different email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.