You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Logic Pro sharing a file to collaborate with

I want to collaborate on a Logic Pro project with a friend. The idea is that he works on a section, then I work on a section and so forth.

I've tried Dropbox, but it seems that Logic or the .lpx file isn't transferred. My next guess would be a shared folder in iCloud. However, I'm unable to see his updates after he submits them.

Any idea(s) of another solution? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 9, 2024 8:58 AM

2 replies

Sep 9, 2024 11:11 AM in response to synth user

Logic Pro offers two different saving options. One is to save as a Package, which encapsulates all media and resources into a single file. The other is to save as a Folder, which creates separate subfolders for things like audio files, bounces, movie files, etc.

Regardless of the option you choose, it’s usually best to compress the project into a .zip file before uploading it to a file-sharing service to ensure all data is transferred correctly. While I’ve been able to upload a .logicx (package) file to Dropbox and have the recipient open it directly on occasion, it’s not always reliable—compressing the file first is the safer approach.

Sep 9, 2024 11:21 AM in response to justinscottdixon

Additionally, there are several options for real-time music collaboration where changes are synced as they happen. Some include:

1. Splice: Cloud-based project sharing, especially for Logic Pro, keeping files updated in real-time.

2. Avid Cloud Collaboration: Syncs Pro Tools sessions across participants in real time.

3. LANDR Projects: Lets you share stems and sessions, with cloud storage and mastering integration.

4. Ohm Studio: A collaborative DAW for real-time editing with synced changes.

5. Audiomovers: Enables real-time remote collaboration by streaming high-quality audio.

Hope this helps!

Logic Pro sharing a file to collaborate with

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.