You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Reloading itunes Match

Last year I loaded iTunes Match to my iMac computer, it never fully loaded all the songs in my library.

My subscription is coming up for renewal in a couple of weeks and I want to know if I should try to reload iTunes Match now or after I renew in order to try and reclaim all the songs it failed to load the first time?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 9, 2024 8:43 AM

4 replies

Sep 9, 2024 10:22 AM in response to DanMackSpanky

Hi,

What do you mean by “reclaim all the songs it failed to load the first time”? Are they not already on your computer?

With iTunes Match, your library is scanned to determine what is matched or needs to be uploaded.The music will remain on your computer unless you opt to remove the music from your computer and keeping them in the cloud. If the music is solely in the cloud, you should re-download them. Did you make a backup of your original library.

Jim

Sep 9, 2024 12:52 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Jim, Thanks for your reply.

what I mean is that when I loaded iTunes Match, it took days to work through my library and left many songs not Uploaded but Matched, which will not play on my iPhone.

I was wondering if I could attempt to have Match run the upload again to capture those songs, many from albums where some songs did load and others did not.

In other words those Matched songs will play on my computer but not my iPhone while uploaded songs will.

How do I get the Matched songs to play on my iPhone?

Reloading itunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.