You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iCloud shared Numbers document - cooperation problems

I have two questions:

1) Why do the information I enter into a shared Numbers document on iCloud keep on disappearing? When I start editing the table the information just suddently disappear. I work on iCloud (because the owner of the shared document has a higher version of Mac system and so it is not possible to cooperate directly in Numbers) I was connected to the internet when this happened. It happened several times in a row which was extremely frustrating

2) And when I want to enter some figures and times it changes them into nonsense. For example I need to write 15:00 and it changes them 4d 8h 18m.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 9, 2024 12:04 AM

1 reply

Sep 9, 2024 7:28 AM in response to sona248

1) I can't tell what the problem might be. Is your internet connection stable?

2) When you input 15:00 one you get something like 4d 8h 18m that means Numbers has the cell formatted as Duration, meaning here 4 days 8 hours and 18 minutes. I don't see a Duration data format in Numbers for iCloud, so you may need the owner to change the data format to Date & Time (or Automatic).

SG

SG

iCloud shared Numbers document - cooperation problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.