You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Arranging tables and graphs on a page

In Numbers ‘09 you could set the view to page view and edit the position of tables, graphs, and other objects to look nice when printed.

I can find no way to do this in the new Numbers.

I found one old reference to calculating a pages size the creating a template to show the printable area but this seems a real kluge for a mainstream product, and how would this be done for multi-page spreadsheets?

I am sure many people want to have their spreadsheets printed and look reasonable for presentation to bosses and customers.

Is there a way to do this?

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 8:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2024 4:32 AM

I feel your pain and have since they introduced Numbers 3 eleven years ago. Numbers '09 was sweet and had some features that really set it apart. Page layout was one of those features that really made it special. Listing the sheets and tables down the left side of the window (instead of sheet tabs across the top) was another smart feature. And the toolbar was much much more useful than it is now. Apple dumbed down and redesigned the Mac version to be more like the iPad version. I always hoped they would put page layout back into it but it appears they never will.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2024 4:32 AM in response to Bob Allison

I feel your pain and have since they introduced Numbers 3 eleven years ago. Numbers '09 was sweet and had some features that really set it apart. Page layout was one of those features that really made it special. Listing the sheets and tables down the left side of the window (instead of sheet tabs across the top) was another smart feature. And the toolbar was much much more useful than it is now. Apple dumbed down and redesigned the Mac version to be more like the iPad version. I always hoped they would put page layout back into it but it appears they never will.

Arranging tables and graphs on a page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.