You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Request for emoji removal consideration

I find the 🤣 emoji to be horrible and ugly. Please consider removing or revising it. Thank you for your attention.

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 10:55 AM

Emoji aren't controlled by Apple. They're part of Unicode which is controlled by the Unicode Consortium. You can submit a comment via their contact information:

https://unicode.org/reporting.html

but I doubt that an emoji probably used by millions of people would be removed just because you don't like it. Just don't use it.

Regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2024 10:55 AM in response to Razan_

Emoji aren't controlled by Apple. They're part of Unicode which is controlled by the Unicode Consortium. You can submit a comment via their contact information:

https://unicode.org/reporting.html

but I doubt that an emoji probably used by millions of people would be removed just because you don't like it. Just don't use it.

Regards.

Sep 11, 2024 7:22 AM in response to Lorenzosut

Sooooo, somehow, the "Man in the Moon" new moon icon disturbs you, but the full moon doesn't. Hmmm.

But to repeat, Apple can't do much of anything about it. They don't decide what emojis get added to the set.

They also have to follow specific guidelines for the art they create. Here's the same set of emojis as they appear on Android/Google devices:

And in Windows:

The Unicode Consortium states how all approved emojis should appear. But it's then up to Apple, Microsoft and Google to create their own art.

So from that point only, you could put in a request to Apple to redo their art, but don't count on anything changing.

Sep 10, 2024 4:02 PM in response to Lorenzosut

Lorenzosut wrote:

Hi Apple,

im writing this to inform you that your 🌚 emoji is quite disturbing towards me. I would appreciate if we could get this issue resolved quickly!

Did you review the link provide by varjak paw or even the posts here?

Emojis are created by the Unicode Consortium so they are the same on all device manufactures. If it did not work this way, you could send an emoji on one device and it would be completely different on another phone.

Request for emoji removal consideration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.