You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why does Logic Pro Have 8 Chord Strips?

I find the chord strips functionality in Logic Pro very useful. It’s especially handy in coming up with interesting chord progressions. I just wish it was implemented in a more logical way from a musician’s perspective.

In Logic Pro, a lot depends on the key signature that can (and should) be set for each project. The chord strips also adjust based on the key signature and correctly display the chords that belong to that key signature.

So far so good but then why does it display 8 chord strips? Every key signature has 7 chords, no more, no less. So even though Logic adjusts the chords in the chord strips based on the key signature, there is always one chord that is out of key for that signature.

Example: Key signature = C major. The chord strips correctly display C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am and Bdim. All of them belonging to the key of C major. But it also adds the Bb chord which is out of key for Cmajor.

Why?

My other gripe with this functionality is that it doesn’t display the chords in the correct order.

Example: for the C major scale, the correct order would be as above (I, ii, iii, IV, V, vi, vii*). However, the order displayed by default is: Em, Am, Dm, G, C, F, Bb(?), Bdim.

I’m no Mozart so maybe I’m missing the logic here. Someone please enlighten me :-)

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 7:20 AM

There are no replies.

Why does Logic Pro Have 8 Chord Strips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.