You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Auto Saved not working on Logic Pro x 11

Logic pro x 11 on my M1 mac keeps crashing, when I click auto saved it a message says it may be damaged it doesn't open and gives a choice only to existing files.This happens all the time so auto saved does not work on. I do keep saving just in case but sometimes I forget when I'm working on things as I cannot keep saving as its a distraction. I never know when its going to crash anyway.I have read things online about opening app and show package to open up alternatives ie auto saved files but there is no alternative file or auto save files in there.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 5:55 AM

1 reply

Sep 11, 2024 1:49 AM in response to flamingozone

Does this happen only with a certain project?

Try to find the reason why Logic is crashing. If there are no crash reports, you may find them in Utitlities > Console.app > crash reports.

Can you save and reopen your project in a normal way?

You can only find Alternatives after creating an Alternative. File > Project Alternatives > New Alternative.

Personally, I don't use Alternatives. But I save numbered versions steps from time to time.

You should be able to find already saved states of your project in File > Revert To .... This is dependent on your adjustments in Settings > General > Project Handling > Auto Backups > ...

Auto Saved not working on Logic Pro x 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.